Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Seriously?! It's labeled "Cloth Diaper Detergent"! Why is this happening?

I am so angry! And I feel like a horrible mom!  I am NEVER using Rockin' Green Cloth Diaper Detergent again!  The first time I used it my diapers stank(a skunky smell) when I took them off my daughter.  I thought I just made a mistake with the washing so I looked into it.  I found out that the first time you ever use it you're supposed to do a soak.  So I did.  I thought the diapers were cleaner.  They did smell better.  I put one on my daughter over night.  She had a rash before she went to sleep.  When she woke up it was WAY WORSE and there was a huge sore.  So I contacted Rockin' Green Cloth Diaper Detergent and they told me to wash them again with no soak and lots of rinsing.  I did.  I was confident they were clean.  There was no smell to them at all.  I put a bandaid on my daughter's sore and put a diaper on her for 2 hours.  Only 2 hours.  I took it off her and the smell was HORRID!  It was worse than the skunky smell diapers get sometimes.  It smelled like I had just opened a bottle of ammonia and sniffed it.  I don't get it!  I did what I was supposed to.  Is there something I'm missing?!  It is now going to take me weeks to fix this again?!  That first time I used the Rockin' Green Cloth Diaper Detergent every time I washed them I stripped them to get the smell out.  I just finally got it out when I found out about the soaking thing.  Now I have to spend weeks stripping my diapers again because of that stinking detergent! I dug around to find a disposable diaper to put on my daughter for bed.  Then bright and early in the morning I'm going to Walmart to buy a package of disposables.  It kills me but I'm not putting those diapers on her again until I'm confident they're fine.  Even if it takes me pouring pee on them and sniffing every time after I wash them.  I'll do it.  Then, I will never use anything but home made detergent again.  I know that the home made stuff works.  I don't need anything fancy as long as my diapers are clean and my daughter's bottom is safe.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I plan on using cloth diapers, so I'm glad I know to stay away from this brand! I would really love to have the recipe to the homemade detergent you are talking about. You should have a page for all of that kind of fantastic information so all of us mommas without a clue could finally get one :) I am now officially a follower!
-Jenn
My Motherless Adventure