Monday, June 14, 2010

Sausage Breakfast Pasta, for dinner

So I didn't take pictures.  I didn't know it would be this good.  I didn't know what to make for dinner tonight because we are very limited on groceries until Thursday.  I was looking on Allrecipes.com for a recipe with ground beef and cream of mushroom soup.  I know that I can make hamburger casserole but Casey doesn't like it so much.  He thought it was to plain.  I found a recipe for this zesty beef casserole or something like that.  It got my brain goin.  I didn't have all of the ingredients that went into it.  So I used some of the stuff that it called for and substituted other things to make what I thought sounded good.  So this is what I came up with.


Sausage Breakfast Pasta/Casserole
1 roll ground sausage
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 small/medium onion chopped
1/2 to 1 green pepper chopped (it really depends how much you like green pepper.  I would have added more but Casey doesn't like it that much.)
1 tsp minced garlic or garlic powder
2 cups of cheese
2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni

Cook pasta until done. Drain and set aside. 
Brown sausage. Drain. Add onions, green pepper, and garlic.
Cook until the veggies are about half way cooked.  Like 10 minutes.
Add cream of mushroom soup to meat.  Cook for a few minutes.
Add the meat mixture to the pasta.  Stir in well.  
Add cheese.  Mix and then let cheese melt.
If you want to make it into a casserole you can put it in a casserole pan and put the cheese on top instead.


It's delicious and cheesy and tastes kinda like a breakfast burrito.  We all really enjoyed it.

1 comment:

Amanda Sikes said...

That sounds yummy. I make something almost the same only with rice. I will have to try it with the noodles next time. thanks for the new idea!