Tuesday, June 15, 2010

8 Weeks to a Clean Home

I don't know about you but I am so unmotivated to clean my home sometimes.  And now, I'm pregnant.  That makes me even more unmotivated.  Some days I just feel like crap and don't want to do anything but lay on the couch and watch tv.  But I have a house and a family to take care of so I can't do that.  
So, in my desperate need for motivation I came up with a blog challenge to share with my fellow unmotivated mommas.  Each week we are going to focus on a different room of the house.  On Tuesday we will post our before cleaning pictures of the room we are focusing on.  Then the next Tuesday we will post the after cleaning pictures and the before cleaning pictures of the new focus room.  Now here comes the challenge part.  Once a room has been a focus room and has been cleaned you are challenged to keep it clean for the rest of the 8 weeks.  So for example we are going to focus on the living room/family room this week.  This week you will post your messy pictures of your living room/family room.  Next week you will post your clean pictures of your living room/family room and your dirty pictures of your kitchen.  The week after that you will post NEW clean pictures of your living room/family room and clean pictures of your kitchen and then the dirty pictures of the bathroom.  It will keep adding up like that until we have pictures of fully cleaned houses. 

The weeks will go as follows:
Week 1: Living Room/Family Room
Week 2: Kitchen and Dining Room
Week 3: Bathroom
Week 4: Kid's Rooms
Week 5: Mom and Dad's Room
Week 6: Windows
Week 7: Yard and Outside of Home
Week 8: The Whole House!

I'm sure if we can keep a clean house for 8 weeks it will become a habit.  

So let's get started.  My Living Room/Family Room is extra messy because I've slacked on making Madelynn clean up her toys before bed for awhile and haven't gotten around to taking my sewing table down cause I just haven't felt like it.


What you can't see is the granola and raisins Madelynn spilled in the floor yesterday morning that I still haven't vacuumed up.
My hall is included in my living room cause it's so small.

Now it's your turn.  Share what you living room/family room looks like and why you think this challenge will be good for you.
Also, if you're wondering, is there a prize for this challenge?  The prize is that in 8 weeks you will have a clean home and hopefully will have developed enough self discipline to keep it that way.



1 comment:

Kristie said...

What an awesome idea! I'm taking a blogging break right now otherwise I'd play along. You definitely made me feel better about how messy my place has been!! I've been so busy outside I've been neglecting the inside :-/