Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Conviction VS Not Wanting to be Left Out

Tonight I found myself struggling.  I am having a hard time telling the difference between my convictions, and my little "but I don't wanna be left out" voice.
Like I know my want to read the Bible from cover to cover came from a conviction.
I can't really think of anything right now that's one of those "but I don't wanna be left out things" other than the want I have to wear skirts sometimes.

Well, while I was typing this I think I figured out my answer actually.  Weird how when I sit down and think about stuff and really inspect it I see God's answer.  
My issue was, "Am I going to wear a skirt to the play date tomorrow?"  Well, yes I am.  You know why?  Because all of my pants have a huge hole in them.  Both pairs of pants are only a few months old but both of them have holes near the butt of them.  So I have had to wear skirts.  That's all I've been wearing for the past week in public.  I have a pair of black capris that I wear at home(and to my SIL's) but not out cause they have a small hole in the knee.  So either God made it where my pants would get holes in them or God doesn't see the need to bless us with the money to be able to buy more clothes.  Because He has for sure blessed us with money in other areas.
I don't even know if I should post this.  It kinda sounds like random ramblings.  But I think I'm gonna post it anyway.  Maybe it'll help someone else work through their thoughts.

Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank You for giving us answers when we haven't even asked you the question.  Even when we aren't being faithful and bringing our concerns to You, You still know them.  You still know what we need in our lives.  Thank  You for the great people that You have put into our lives.  Thank You for all Your many blessings and all of the things that You do for us. In Jesus' name I pray.
Amen.

No comments: