Monday, April 26, 2010

I’ve been on a sewing kick.

I’ve been on a sewing kick the past week.  I’ve made a skirt for myself, a laptop bag that has turned into another one of Madelynn’s purses, 2 dresses for a friend(I don’t have pictures of those), and a dress for Madelynn.  I have at least 2 more projects that I want to do right now and then 1 I’m going to do in the near future.  I want to make Madelynn a skirt that matches mine and then I want to make me a skirt that matches Madelynn’s dress.  I really love the idea of us matching.  So here are my projects.

  My skirt.  I found the idea and tutorial for it at Keeping it Simple.
SDC16119 

Next up we have my laptop bag.  I found the tutorial for this over at My Backyard Eden.  I modified the bag for me.  Also because I couldn’t do things like add a zipper or that super cute ruffle she has on hers.

SDC16120 SDC16121 SDC16122 

Finally we have the reversible sundress I made Madelynn.  It is oh so adorable and Madelynn loves it.  It took me 2 hours to make it.  It will probably take me less time to make another one since I know what I’m doing now.  It’s super easy.  I found the tutorial and pattern over at Me and Madeline.  I don’t know if she says her daughter’s name the same way I say mine but Madeline is a cutie too.  I’ve decided I’m going to call this dress the rainbow sherbert sundress.  The orange fabric I used is eyelet fabric.  I used a cute green on the back so that it shows through the eyelet holes.  You can’t see that very well in the pictures.  I tried to take 1 to show you but it didn’t work out to well I don’t think.

 SDC16144 SDC16154 SDC16155 SDC16140

The reverse side.
SDC16157

 

And this picture is just for fun.  Madelynn and I have the same purple flip-flops.  Her feet are SO MUCH smaller than mine but they kinda look the same. SDC16115

I hope you can get some great ideas from the things I’ve made.  They were all super easy and didn’t consume much time.  I did all of the projects but the dress during 1 naptime.  The dress I did last night before bed.

3 comments:

Jen ownby said...

Do you make skirts long to the feet? I want one just like what you have on in the pic but long!!!!! let me know

Eliza Rae said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Me and Madeline said...

Oh, I love it! Thanks for linking back to me too. I love your fabric choices, what a clever idea...