Monday, March 8, 2010

Springvale Goat Milk Soap Review

I got the opportunity to review some goat milk soap from a few different people.
The first company I am going to review is Springvale.  I would like to start out by saying, Deb(the owner) is so kind and has amazing customer service.  She is quick on shipping her product and responding to her emails.  I received my product to review 3 days after she had said she was shipping it.  I received a 3.5oz bar of her coconut goat milk soap.  She also sent me a mini bar of her lavender vanilla soap because I had mentioned that I liked lavender but couldn't use it on Madelynn because I think she might be allergic.  The first thing I did was open the soap and smelled it.  It smelled like you would expect coconut to smell.  I was a little weary about picking that scent at first because when you buy something coconut at the store it has this strange tropical sunscreen smell to it.  But this really smelled like coconut.  As I looked at it I realized that there are even pieces of real coconut in the bar.  I thought that was super cool.  Then I wondered to myself if Madelynn might try to eat them in the bath.  I used it on myself first before using it on Madelynn.  I have never used goat milk soap before so I wasn't sure what to expect.  It doesn't lather like other soap.  But that's a good thing.  I read somewhere that the lather from other soaps is some chemical they put in there to make it lather.  I liked the little bit of abrasiveness the coconut chunks gave to the soap.  They made the soap slightly exfoliating.  After rinsing off I didn't feel like I still had soap on me.  It rinsed off really easily, unlike my normal soap that I have to rinse a few times before I feel like it's all off.  I didn't notice any real difference to my skin after using it the first time.  But after about a week of using it my skin felt softer.  Madelynn and my husband both used it.  I liked using the soap on Madelynn because I knew if she did happen to ingest any of it she would be okay.  Also I liked that I wasn't using harsh chemical on her skin.  It was all natural(well mostly all natural, Deb said sometimes her essential oils aren't 100% all natural).  My husband really enjoyed the soap.  He hasn't strayed from the brand of soap that he normally uses since I met him.  But I'm pretty sure he'll let me buy more of this.  He used it on his face and said he had less breakouts.  He also said he noticed that he had less dry skin on his elbows.  He doesn't use lotion so his elbows get bad in the winter.
I would definitely recommend going to Deb for your goat milk soap needs.  It looks like she has more scents up. I think I'm going to try her strawberry and vanilla coffee scents.  They sound awesome.

1 comment:

debsmad said...

Thank you for the kind words and wonderful review! I would like to point out that the fragrance oils I add to some of the soaps are technically not all-natural. Some of my soaps, however, ARE scented only from the natural ingredients.

I wasn't sure if I wanted to actually put the coconut *in* the soap but decided to give it a try. I think it's fun that way.

And yep, I have recently added some new soaps...with more on the curing racks just waiting their turn.

Glad you enjoyed it!
~Deb/Springvale Soap