Sunday, March 7, 2010

I've decided...

I've decided I think it would be fun to have a weekly(well really weekendly) "adventure" update.  By adventure I mean live with a 14 month old.  It's quite interesting.  If you haven't tried it you should give it a go sometime.  Our weekends start on Friday.  That's the beginning of Daddy's weekend.  He works 10 hours 4 days a week so he gets 3 whole days for a weekend.
Friday morning we woke up and prayed for Rylin.  She's my niece and she was having eye surgery that morning. Then we took Grandpa(my dad) on errands.  Friday morning is a good morning for this because it gives Daddy time to sleep.  We first went to MawMaw and PawPaw Freddie's(my grandparents) house.  PawPaw decided that it would be a good idea to give Madelynn a cookie and sit her in front of the tv before she even ate breakfast.  She hadn't eaten breakfast yet because she's like her Mommy and has to be awake for an hour before she can eat.  It was an oatmeal cookie so that wasn't to bad.  Then she suckered him into a banana.  So it was a pretty decent breakfast.  After we left there we went to Walmart.  It was a pretty low key trip to Walmart.  I think the only thing she left with that time(we went again on Saturday) was a $1 rubber duckie.  For some reason my dad can not resist buying her something when he goes to the store with us.  After that Madelynn was hungry again and it was only 9:30 so we stopped by McDonalds.  She loves their breakfast burritos.  I don't know how healthy they are for her but one every once in awhile can't hurt.  Then it was home for a nap.  While Madelynn took her nap I got the stuff ready to roast a ham.  The first time I ever did anything like that it was a pork roast in the over and I horribly messed that up so I was scared.  I turned it on, stuck the ham in, and put the lid on.  It needed to cook for 3 hours.  When Madelynn woke up we had to run to Frick's to get some flour because I forgot I was out.  I needed it to make stromboli for us and my sister-in-law(Rylin's mommy).  When we went outside it was even more beautiful than it had been when we were out earlier.  I was so excited I wanted to run back inside and get out my flip-flops.  But I didn't.  I just went to the store.  When we came home it was time to eat lunch.  Madelynn at lunch and watched me as I made the dough for the stomboli and a cake and cupcakes for my friend's son's birthday party.  It was a duck cake, with blue cupcakes around it that were going to have duck picks in them.  I just didn't have the picks she did.  So it kinda just looked like a duck in water.  But the duck had more of a dog head.  It was kind of a disaster.  At least I thought so.  Halfway through decorating the cake Madelynn went into the living room to play with Daddy.  It was time to check the ham.  It was 20 minutes after it was supposed to be done.  I stuck the meat thermometer in it and it barely even registered.  The ham was supposed to be at 160* and it wasn't even at 120*, the starting temp on the thermometer.  I was starting to stress.  It was 3:30.  We had a birthday party to go to that we had to leave for at 5:30 and the ham wasn't anywhere near done.  I decided that I would get Madelynn all dressed and cleaned up and get myself dressed and cleaned up.  When I walked into the living room Daddy was sitting at the computer and Madelynn had every dvd she could get to spread out around her.  I just left it.  I got us ready and went and checked on the ham.  It was now 4:15ish.  The ham was acutally done.  So I threw 2 strombolis together and wrapped up the cake and cupcakes.  We didn't get out of the house until 5:35 and we still had to drop off the stromboli to my sister-in-law.  We dropped that off and went to the birthday party.  It was a party at Build-a-Bear for my friend's son.  It was strange to say the least.  The hostess sounded like a flower child from the 60's.  Madelynn loved the fact that she got to pick an animal and clothes for it.  She picked a bunny and a pink dress.  There was a little boy there that was the angriest little boy I have ever seen.  I mean I was afraid he would pull a knife out any second and stab me.  He was that angry.  He just scowled and growled at everyone.  He was so rude to the worker.  I don't know how he ended up that way but I never want a kid like that.  On the way home Madelynn screamed the majority of the time because she was really tired and it was past bedtime.
Saturday morning we had to go to Walmart AGAIN.  I really don't like that store.  We had to get a birthday present for my cousin.  After Walmart we came home and played with daddy and then napped.  After nap-time we went outside to play.  It was so beautiful outside.  I chased Madelynn up and down steps and around every sidewalk in the apartment complex.  While we were playing outside my dad came out and asked us if we wanted to go to dinner with him.  I said sure because Casey wasn't home, he went to a tournament and wouldn't be back until like 10pm.  So dad took us to a buffet with him and his friends.  Have you ever taken a VERY social 14 month old to a buffet?  It's quite interesting.  First you have to find food to feed her which isn't really a problem other than she might have ate WAY to much.  She had a piece of pizza, broccoli, cauliflower, macaroni and cheese, and broccoli salad.  Then there's the fact that she's overly social and likes to talk to EVERYONE.  I'm pretty sure everyone in the place heard the phrase, "Hi, Mahmen!" a hundred times.  If you need a translation of that it means, "Hi, I'm Madelynn!"  And finally the hardest part of going to a buffet with Madelynn and my dad is trying to avoid him feeding her to much dessert.  Grandparents are just plain ridiculous when it comes to desserts.  I don't know how they don't understand kids don't need that much sugar.  After the buffet we went to the store.  Can any one guess what store it was?  If you guessed Walmart you are correct.  We went to Walmart for the THIRD time this weekend.  This time my dad purchased Madelynn a baby doll accessory set.  It has a stroller, baby carrier, diaper bag, and stand to turn the carrier into a swing or high chair.  It was only $15.  It was a good deal considering they're normally $25 or $30.  Like I said before, he just can't resist getting her something.  We came home and put it all together and she tried I don't know how many times to sit in the stroller herself.  Then she pushed it to her room.  I was excited that she finally got the hang of it.  That is until I walked into her room and found her with it pushed up against her crib trying to climb in, something she could have only learned from Katherine(hehe).  I decided then that it was time for bed.
This morning, Sunday.  We woke up at 7:30.  Came into the living room and played with the baby doll stuff.  This time we didn't climb on it.  Then we had breakfast.  About half way through breakfast Madelynn started to get really cranky.  It was 8:30.  I decided to put her down for a nap.  Casey wasn't up yet so I went in and told him he could just sleep because I put Madelynn down for a nap so he'd need to stay with her while I went to church.  Well, 9:15 rolls around and Madelynn starts yelling and crying for me.  So I decide to just get her up and dressed and take her with me.  I wish I would have known she was just fake sleeping because then I would have woke Casey up to get ready.  Instead he missed church.  After church we came home, ate lunch, and took a nap.  All of us took a nap.  I love napping on Sunday afternoons.  After nap time we had a snack and opened all of the windows.  I got Madelynn dressed to go outside.  I got her shoes and was going to get her to put them on when she fell threw the window.  She pushed on the screen and it popped right out and she fell.  Luckily the window is only like a foot off the ground at the most.  It scared the crap out of both of us.  She wasn't hurt.  And still wanted to go outside after that.  We went out and played with the 2 little kids 2 apartments down from us.  Between coming inside from playing with them and going to church for Family Night she screamed and yelled at me the whole hour.  It was ridiculous.  But chruch went well.  She only banged her head on the table twice and took the whipped cream spoon off of the table and started chowin down on that.  He Uncle Cory caught her though.
That was my weekend.  And apparently I just won some Thirsties cloth wipes from Hormonal Imbalances.  I don't really remember how I found her blog or anything.  But it's awesome that I won something that pretty much never happens.
I am probably going to bed now.  I hope you enjoyed this weekends adventures as much as we did.


Amy Matthews said...

YAY for winning. Winning is fun, not that I have ever wona nything, but I can imagine that it is fun :)

I am excited about more blog posts.

Keep em coming

Theta Mom said...

Thanks for the follow - following back and look forward to blogging with you!