Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Pretty Pretty Piggies!



I have been allowed the opportunity to review Piggy Paint nail polish and polish remover. Let me tell you. This stuff is awesome! I opened it as soon as it got to my house and painted my nails. I wanted to test it out on me before testing it out on Madelynn. I don't paint my nails anymore because when I used to my husband would complain of the smell even if he was in the other room. When I started using the Piggy Paint he didn't even notice. He actually looked over and asked me what I was doing. When I told him I was painting my nails he said, "Huh, that stuff normally smells like garbage." It dried pretty quickly. The card they send with instructions on it says "For maximum chip resistance, blow dry polished nails for 1-2 minutes with hair dryer set on warm heat/low blow dryer setting." I didn't do this part on myself at first because I knew I wasn't going to do it to Madelynn. I wore it over night and in the morning did a few dishes and it stayed on and didn't chip. I was super excited to try it out and Madelynn when she woke up. I almost woke her up so I could. But I waited. As soon as she woke up I painted her nails. She sat very still and just watched me the whole time. She even thought it was funny when I blew on her nails to help dry them. When I was done painting her nails she sat there and looked at them and kept saying "oooohhh" and touching them. Then I painted her toes. The color we got to try out was "Girls Rule" and it was beautiful. It was super girly & cute and not to bright. Her polish stayed on her finger nails for 1 day before chipping and 3 days before I absolutely had to take it off. I of course tried out the remover on my nails first. I was surprised that it just smells like hand sanitizer. It wasn't strong at all. It also took the polish off quickly, which is good when you have a super squirmy 1 year old. The polish on her toes is still going strong. It's been about a week since I've painted them. This morning I noticed that it had come off of her smallest toes. I'm going to use the remover on her toes today. Their website says that if you don't have their remover that rubbing alcohol is able to be used within I think it was 3-4 days of painting your or your daughter's nails. Which is good to know. Over all I'm super impressed. The polish is non-toxic, odorless, kid-friendly, and stays on for a decent amout of time if you don't have a nail bitter. They can eat it and sniff it all they want and you don't have to worry about giving them cancer while letting them be girly.

These are Madelynn's toes the day before yesterday. It took me that long to get a good picture of them. And I couldn't get a good picture of her fingers for the life of me. (p.s. ignore the dirty floor, Madelynn likes to throw her food.)


1 comment:

Tanya said...

Oh, I so wish they had a nail biter polish - you know something that tastes nasty? I am looking for something like that but don't want to by the over the counter yucky stuff, since I know she'll at least try to eat it.
But we are totally buying it when she kicks the habit! Thank you!