Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Gluten Free Tuesday.


I'm excited.  This week I have a whole Gluten-Free meal including Dessert.

BBQ Shredded Pork 
 1 Pork Roast 
 1 Recipe Home Made BBQ Sauce(Maybe 2 depending on how big your roast is)
    2 tablespoons butter
    1 small onion, minced
    2 cups ketchup
    1/2 cup cider vinegar
    1/4 cup water
    1/4 cup apple juice
    1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
    2 tablespoons brown sugar
    2 tablespoons molasses(I didn't use this cause I didn't have it.  I just added alittle more brown     sugar)
    2 tablespoons honey
    2 teaspoons dry mustard powder(I used prepared mustard and more like 1 tablespoon or so)
    1 teaspoon chili powder
    1 teaspoon garlic powder
    1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper(I used ground red pepper instead)
Melt the butter in your crock pot, then cook the onions alittle in it.  Add the rest of the BBQ sauce stuff.  Mix it all up and then add your roast.  The sauce should cover the roast.  If not you need more sauce or you can cut your roast so it lays flatter in your crock pot.  Do this right after lunch.  Let it sit on low and cook in the crock pot until dinner(about 4 or 5 hours I don't exactly remember)

You can serve this on Gluten-Free rolls.  I didn't have any so I just ate it plain and Casey ate it on normal NOT Gluten-Free bread.  We had it with Roasted Potatoes and Greenbeans that just had butter, salt, and pepper on them.

Roasted Potatoes 
  Potatoes(however many you want) 
  1 medium Onion chopped(unless you're making ALOT of potatoes then you can use 2) 
  enough melted butter to cover the bottom of the pan. 
  Salt 
  Garlic Powder 
  tiny bit of ground red pepper 
  cumin  
  Pepper
Melt your butter and cover the bottom of the pan.  Chop up Onion, put it in the pan.  Cut the potatoes in cubes and add them to the pan.  Stir it around so the potatoes are covered with butter.  Sprinkle on the Salt, Garlic Powder, Ground Red Pepper, Cumin, and Pepper all to your taste.  Then bake in the oven until golden brown.

And for dessert you can have smoothies.

Strawberry-Orange-Banana Smoothies
 1 Banana 
 1 cup(about) Strawberries
 1 containter Orange Juice Concentrate
 1/2 cup milk(I use skim), maybe alittle more if it's not blending.
Stick it all in the blender and blend until smooth. If you think it has to much Orange to it you can use less Concentrate. 
My brother and I like to experiment with smoothies.  This was a good one.  You can also substitute Strawberry Yogurt for the milk, it makes it a little thicker, but you want to check the label cause I don't think all Yogurt is Gluten-Free. 

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Sounds fantastic!! Thank you for participating.
Just remember to check all labels to make sure things are GF! :)