Friday, May 1, 2009

Madelynn and her Cousins...also some sleep issues.

Madelynn's cousins love her so much. They all want to hold her and play with her. Especially Zeke. He always smiles so big when she's around.

So this week I decided that I'm going to teach Madelynn how to go to sleep on her own. Mainly because she refuses to go to sleep in her swing anymore. I don't know what happened. One day she was sleeping in her swing and the next day, she was falling asleep in the floor so I put her in her crib and she fell asleep on her own, but later that day when I went to put her to sleep in her swing she just cried. So I was putting her to sleep on my own and occasionally she would fall asleep on her own in her crib. So I thought she was ready. Well the past 2 days have been really difficult. One nap she'll be completely fine and go to sleep on her own, the next nap she'll just lay there and cry for ever, never going to sleep untill I go and put her to sleep. I just don't understand. I was talking to Amy about it and she sleep trained her kids by letting them cry. Then she sent me a bunch of sites to read about it. I can't decide what way of sleep training is best for Madelynn. We've been working on it all week. Sometimes she sleeps other times she doesn't. What ways worked for you guys? Did you even sleep train at all? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

1 comment:

Dana Tate said...

I did ferberizing. Many say this is just a mean way to parent...but it was what worked for us. We did let K cry it out-unless she was just going on for over 20 minutes, then if she did we would go in the room and sing or be calming but not pick her up and then start again. There is a book called baby wise that goes over this option and some others, may be worth reading for you. Just remember you have to do what works for you. :)