Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Sleep!




I'm so excited! I don't know what happened but these past 3 days Madelynn has been sleeping ALL night. I know I shouldn't get to excited cause that happens sometimes and then babies go back to their old sleeping habits. But I have a feeling this time it's going to be a perminent changes. I went to get her this morning cause I had to take the car from Casey, to go hang out with my super cool sister-in-law and her kids, and this is what I found;

She's sucking her thumb to put herself back to sleep. It's super cute! Casey's not to excited about the sucking her thumb part because he doesn't want it to ruin her teeth(when she gets them). I'm alittle worried about that too. When she goes to sleep she has a pacifier but when that falls out she goes to her thumb. I'm hoping that when she gets big enough she can just put the pacifier back in her mouth when she needs it instead of resorting to her thumb, but we'll see.

In other news... My sister-in-law and her husband are going to have another girl! Most likely. The ultrasound tech was 80% sure but the little girl had her legs crossed. I'm excited because my niece Rylin really wants a sister. I know how hard it is growing up without one so I'm hoping for her that they find out for sure that the baby is a girl. Also I'm excited cause Madelynn will have another girl cousin to play with. I always loved playing with my cousins when I was a kid. And when you hit that stage where all you want to play is house, and play with dolls it's way more fun to have a bunch of girls to play with.

We're going down to Kentucky in a few weeks for Easter. I'm excited to get to see family. Casey's grandma is excited to because she hasn't gotten to see her great granddaughter yet. I don't know how long we're gonna stay. That all depends on how much time they're gonna give Casey for Easter. They may give him the whole week or they may only give him the weekend. But if they give him the whole week I don't know if we're gonna want to be down there the whole time because I don't know how Madelynn will react to not being home for that long so we'll see. Also befor we go I have to try to find a play pen so that she has somewhere to sleep because I don't really want her sleeping on just the floor and I'm definatly not having her sleep with us because then I wouldn't get any sleep, and I'm afraid she'd get used to that and be completely thrown off when we get back home.

Well I'm going to go get ready to hang out with the coolest people I know. It's funny how cool and fun changes from a bunch of kids your age hangin out and goin to the movies and just drivin around and stuff to getting to hang out with your daughter, sister-in-law, niece, and nephews. My how my life has changed in just a few years....but I like it.


A few pictures.
Madelynn decided to spit her pacifier out at nap time.

Hangin out with her daddy after a bath.

3 comments:

Vicki said...

Wow!! That is so awesome! Go Madelyn! :-)

Amy Matthews said...

I am with you on the life changing quick thing, I was just talking to my dad about that yesterday. It was only just over 6 years ago that I a teenager ready to move to Virginia for Bible College. Now I am a wife and mother of four! Wow. By the way I happen to have a play pen for your Madelynn. It had the bassinett part but I think she is too big for it already. It has a little mobile and music playing thingy that attaches to the side. You can come look at it and see if you want to use. We will be coming home after the park today so if you want to come over then you can do some laundry and hang out with us.

Dana Tate said...

Okay that pic of her sleeping is adborable!! Yeah for sleeping!!!!