Monday, February 9, 2009

Doctor's Appointment.

Today was Madelynn's 1 month check-up. I was absolutely terrified of the doctor's today because she was getting a shot. I hate shots myself and I think they hurt so I know it has to hurt her. Well it didn't go as bad as I thought. They didn't have me hold her while they gave it to her. They layed her on the table. The nurse gave her the shot and she shrieked and then started crying but as soon as I got to pick her up she calmed down and only cried alittle bit then stopped. Then I got to feed her before we left and by the time we got to the car she was a happy baby again. She was pretty amazing about the whole thing. I felt sick when they gave her the shot. I didn't cry though and I was pretty sure I was going to.
The rest of the doctor's visit went really well. She's 12lbs 15oz, 22.6ins., and her head is 15.7ins. around. She's down to the 80th percentile for her height instead of 93rd and the 89th for her head instead of 96th. But she's still up in the 98th for weight. I found out that her fussing and not wanting to go to sleep between 8 and 11 is completely normal. It's weird how much relief you feel over something like that when you find out that you're not the only person that goes through that and that it's actually worse for some people. I feel bad for feeling good about other people's misfortune. I'm supposed to start giving Madelynn vitamin D because we're inside all the time because of the weather. But overall Dr. Matt said that she's a healthy girl. Thank God for that.

Also thank God for the beautiful weather that we're having!!! These warm days we've been having seem like the biggest blessing now that I'm a stay at home mom. It for sure has to be a bigger blessing for the mom's that have kids that run around. We're going to the Zoo tomorrow with Amy and the kids. I'm super excited! I love the Zoo and I love warm weather and the outside!! Madelynn won't remember her first Zoo trip but I'm gonna take lots of pictures so she'll get to see them one day. My dad thought it was funny that I was so excited about taking her to the Zoo cause she's just gonna lay there pretty much the whole time. But I think it'll be fun.

Well I've got to get pick-up Casey from work. Just thought I'd take a minute to tell everyone how my baby is.

2 comments:

Dana Tate said...

Have fun at the zoo! Today should be beautiful for it.
I remember feeling that way about shots...it gets easier. i never showed any emotion about and Kennedy actually likes to get them..she watches...grosses me out...but she will never know!

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.facebook.com/pages/weathercom/298713874092l]www.weather.com[/url]