Friday, January 9, 2009

First Doctor's Visit

Yesterday was Madelynn's first doctor's visit. She was a happy little girl all morning and when we got there but as soon as we got into the exam room there was no making her that happy baby again. It was the first time that she's cried when I was undressing or dressing her. There was nothin really to make her happy. Dr. Matt said that she's a very healthy baby. The doctor also said that if Madelynn wants to sleep through the night I could go ahead and let her because she's gaining weight and so healthy. When she was born she was 10lbs 14oz. When we left the hospital she was just 10lbs. By the time we got to the doctor she had already gained 8oz of that back. Because of that Dr. Matt said I could let her sleep through the night. I will be so excited if that happens. As of right now she wakes up somewhere between 2 and 3 and doesn't want to go back to sleep untill about 4. Don't know what that's all about but when she does start sleeping through the night I'll be a very excited mommy. Back to the Dr. Appointment. Dr. Matt said that Madelynn is in the highest percentile on her weight(which I knew), height, and head size. To me I didn't think her head looks that big but it's cause it fits her body. When the doctor was done examining her I got to redress her. Again the only time she's cried while being dressed. Then I had to finish filling out papers. I'm not to sure everthing on those papers is 100% correct or the right thing is in the right spot cause I had a mad baby in my arms.
After the Doctor we went to my grandma's house so I could feed her and so my grandparents could see her. She turned back into my happy little girl. The rest of the day yesterday she didn't cry one bit. I don't know what it was about the doctor's office but she definatly didn't like it and they didn't even do anything to her. I can't wait to see what happens on her one month visit when they have to give her all of her shots.....

No comments: