Friday, January 16, 2009

2 weeks!






Madelynn is 2 weeks old. 2 weeks seems like such a short time but I feel like I've had her forever. She's now 11lbs 3oz. She didn't have a check up with the doctor this week cause she was doing so good last week so Casey and I checked her weight with our scale.

She still can't do much and I think that drives her Daddy crazy. I like it though. I get to cuddle with her all day.

Madelynn thinks that bed time, however isn't untill 1am. Sometimes she goes to sleep before then but most of the time I have to put her to sleep myself by sitting with her in the chair in the living room. The past 2 or 3 nights I've slept at least 3 hours in our ever so not comfortable recliner. I'm hoping there's some way to figure out how to get her to go to bed earlier cause I don't think my back or butt can take that recliner much longer.


Madelynn's Great Grandma bought her the cutest bed set. We got it on Tuesday. Madelynn loves it so much that she has already pooped on the sheets. It's the rainforest theme just like all of her other stuff but it's all pink. It's super cute. I'm so glad that her Great Grandma bought it for her.

I had WIC this week and they weighed me. I was super excited to find out that I weigh 20lbs less than I did before I got pregnant. That means when I had her I lost 40lbs!! Cause the whole time I was pregnant I only gained 20. I don't know how it happened. But it's amazing. Now all I have to do is get rid of the flat tire that used to be my pregnant belly and I'll be good. I also wouldn't mind loosing another 20 or so pounds.
Well I'm going to go attempt to clean some while my baby is still sleeping. She's so cute when she sleeps. I don't get much done when she goes to sleep in my arms cause I just wanna hold her and cuddle her all day.

2 comments:

Amanda Sikes said...

Praise God for a healthy baby!

Vicki said...

She looks just fabulous! She get the hang of the sleeping thing. Eventually! :)