Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas Project.




Every year since I was really little I've always done a christmas project with either my grandma or my dad. Usually it's ornaments or something creative to give to people as a gift. I haven't done anything in like 2 years but this year my dad decided that we were gonna start up the christmas projects again. We made brownie jars. I had made them before with my grandma and I remembered them being really easy, fun, and pretty to make. Well it seems that when you're a kid grandma actually does leave you out of the hard parts so that she doesn't have flour and cocoa from one end of the kitchen to the other. These were really fun to make though and they turned out to actually be really pretty. Not as perfect as my grandma could do it but they're still pretty.















So, what you do is you find a brownie or cookie recipie. Usually one that has alot of ingredients so you can get alot of layers. They have a ton of recipes just for jar brownies or cookies. Then you go buy all of the stuff of course. You can't find the mason jars at Wal-Mart this time of year so you have to either go to Dicky Bub's or Orschlin's to get those. You're gonna want a wide mouth funnle. I didn't have one of these and I think that's why it ended up being messier than I remember. But my grandma called me half way through making them and said that you can cut a milk jug into a funnle. You can even leave the handle on to have something to hold. After you've layered everything in there you just put the lids on, cut cloth into squares and tie it on there with ribbon. Then you have to put cooking instructions on a tag and put that on the string. I didn't have the instructions written up yet when I took the pictures.

See, it sounds really easy. And probably actually is if you have a funnle. And they're pretty and everyone likes them.